Jason& Katie wrote:
> BD a dollar more than DD? what a crock. if we can do it in our collective
> garage for less than a dollar a gallon why cant they do it in a huge
> super-specialized facility for even less? man, these corporate types are
> dumber than i thought...and i figured they were they were incompetent to
> begin with.

They have a lot more fingers in their pies than you do, with government
regulations, paying for collection time and labor and feedstock,
Research and Development costs that must be recouped, government
regulations, safety inspections, administrative overhead... did I
mention the government regulations they have to meet?

With oil production subsidized like it is, I'm not surprised that it
costs more to produce BD than DD. But I imagine that if you stripped all
the subsidies off of both of them, petrodiesel would come out more
expensive than the bio.

-Kurt