You mean the Roman Empire.   Or any of the south american ones.  Or.....

Nah, we are "civilized" now I tell you.  It could never happen to us.

On 2/15/07, Joe Street <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 And witness how our entertainment media is obsessed with violent and
scandalous subject matter, our sports become increasingly violent and
individual members of our society tend toward increasing levels of
egocentricity and self indulgence.  Didn' similar things happen in the times
leading up to the collapse of previous empires?

Joe

D. Mindock wrote:

 snip

 A truly civilized country wouldn't need a Bill of Rights. But our Decider
is
trashing it anyway, along with the original document. The war on terrorism
has rapidly devolved into a war onto
the very things that are essential to a civilized country. I think we are
back at the level of barbarism...

messages):