Mike

My intention in my first response to your post was to indicate that there is a
direct parallel between medicine and manufacturing in the regard pertinent to
the Rush quote. I think my choice of terminology in "freedom of technology"
might have been unfortunate, as it was clear from subsequent posts that other
interpretations are possible that did not occur to me at the time. It is
perhaps typical of someone who broods a lot on a topic to begin to attach
specific meanings to certain terms, which might deviate from the popular sense.
Thus I tend to use the term "technology" in a fairly narrow sense of
"craft-method": in fairness I ought to have elucidated that.

Perhaps "freedom of craft" would be a better term. My wish was to state that
the current attack upon the free practice of the craft of healing is similar to
the current attack upon the free practice of many other crafts.

Given that sense I hope it is fairly obvious how freedom of craft would enhance
medical freedom. I suppose both boil down to freedom of method, the right to do
things in a way that makes practical sense to you rather than financial sense
to powerful organizations. This involves the idea of common sense and the worth
of vernacular method, and a whole cluster of ideas that might reward further
development.

I hope I've answered your question.

Best regards

Dawie