farmer markets are cheaper or more expensivd, depending on the item
and time of year.  csa packets are actually quite competitive.  of
course, farmer markets are distribution, and outside of the corporate
network.  kirk's point was that there aren't enough of them (at least
that's how i read it), and that it's no accident that they are more or
less on the margin.