On and off problems are seldom mechanical - -they are more likely to be
electrical.  With the newer injection pumps, it can be difficult to separate
the mechanical parts from the  electrical parts, but I'd try to replace any
electrical parts (such as a fuel temp sensor, if it has one) before going to
the cost of replacing the injection pump.  I've heard a number of people
have issues with the temperature sensors on the nwer injection pumps when
using biodiesel.