Andre M. Winter - Carto.net wrote:
> posters on the french ML [EMAIL PROTECTED] pointed out an important
> fact: SVG is a W3C-standard. even if adobe doesn't support SVG anymore,
> this cannot be considered as SVG's death. this would not be true for the
> competing techologies inside the new adobe group like falsh and pdf.

No, it wouldn't be the death of SVG as SVG is already far beyond needing
Adobe to live on its own. However, it would be a blow to SVG's inroads
into the desktop. But seriously, I don't see what kind of twisted logic
would bring Adobe to stop supporting SVG. If they do they basically kill
their chances of being meaningful in the mobile area, which would
basically equate to shooting themselves in the foot, repeatedly.

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist