On Dec 06, 2005, at 18:59, Richard Pearman wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. However my hosting company claim that
> they've corrected the content type for svgz but I still can't see
> any displayed by Firefox.

They are not telling you the truth, as can be seen by inspecting the
headers:

lilith:~ robin$ lwp-request -m HEAD http://pixelpalaces.com/DK/toh.svgz
200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 19:25:30 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
ETag: "1033226f79bcc41:c20"
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Last-Modified: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:05:21 GMT
Client-Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 19:19:47 GMT
Client-Peer: 216.19.71.229:80
Client-Response-Num: 1

There should be a "Content-Encoding: gzip" header in there. Note that
a quick fix for you that might work would be to rename your files
to .svg.gz, though you would need to test first to see if the Content-
Type header is still right. If you were using Apache that fix would
work, and there would be an easy way to throw in a .htaccess file to
make .svgz work, but I don't know about IIS.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM