As system developer and 100% CPU.

Can You as application developer do anything about it?
the answer is:  Both Yes and No.

NO-
100% CPU only means that the player/or system code go into a loop and not
yielding CPU to other thread.
In this case you can not do anything. Unless the player allowing you to feed
piece by piece.

YES.
You only can make the CPU take 100% in a shorter period. such as  making the
SVG smaller.
If the SVG return let's say 50% of its time slide the it is 50% CPU.

As SVG Developer (my case).
Once I receive a SVG I immediately put inside a loop this effetively put the
CPU at 100%. I only get out or return when I have it done. I can not yield
to other process in the middle, because who know what  process is happening
it may causing my return code to "Invalid code segment Exception". It's even
worse.

If it was me I rather see it take 100% CPU with less time then seeing 50%
CPU but take long long time.

Hope this helps.