I also think that getting infoamtion from DOM on the fly is
slowing-down operations, so I've already cached all nodes in variables
and using only write - setAttributeNS method.
But maybe using directly SVG DOM could speed some time, but I'm not
sure how to apply changes to trasform matrix, especially translate, on
referenced element (I don't know the syntax :-( ). Do you think it
could be faster than setAttributeNS and translate(x y) ??

M.