It's a slightly slow process but it'll happen on its own. SVG just started
being supported by all major browsers so it should start to make more and
more appearances around the web. One day, Google or some other large
presence on the web will release an application using SVG and those unaware
of it will be like... how the hell did they do this? Then businesses will
start asking for applications that are  "like the one they saw on Facebook."
Until people ask for it, the average web dev is not going to use it.

In short, make a successful application using SVG so more people will want
to have SVG on their sites :)