Actually, things like HTML5,SVG,Webm and other advances
in standards often go un-noticed when deployed.

In many cases it would take close examination to
notice a non-standards technique being displaced
by a standards based one.

While this is definitely a compliment to the standards
and their implementations , it sorta precludes
the average user as a result of noticing making a demand for
more.

Often when someone tells me they want "something like this",
they in the same breath give the wrong technology attribution
for the effect.

--Doc