<j.ingram@...> wrote:

> After much trying, I have been unable to get my web fonts working in Firefox,
> even though they work in all other modern browsers. This seems not to be a
> cross domain problem (the fonts are stored in the same domain as is using
> them).
>     url('http://www.james-ingram-act-two.de/fonts/clicht_plain-webfont.woff')
> format('woff'),

Ahh, but it is cross-origin. Despite you trying to trick us into thinking
everything is coming from http://www.james-ingram-act-two.de. You are actually
serving your fonts from
http://www.james-ingram-act-two.de/fonts/clicht_plain-webfont.woff

Your webserver redirects requests to
http://www.james-ingram-act-two.de/fonts/clicht_plain-webfont.woff and actually
provides the file from
http://www.james-ingram-act-two.de/fonts/clicht_plain-webfont.woff

Firefox catches this and refuses to play.

You could either
a) stop redirecting
b) set up CORS

You should raise bugs on UAs that are allowing your current site to work. The
point is that if you have a font on a site and it is licensed such that only
your site should use it and someone else sets up a web server and redirects all
requests for fonts on that site to your site, he still shouldn't be able to use
your fonts even though via redirects he can make all the code seem like it's
doing same site requests.

Best regards

Robert