> The firefox error console lists the font as having a domain mismatch which is
> causing a cross site error. It prints the URL of the font that's causing the
> issue. What additional information would be helpful?

Interesting! :-)

My font problems are now solved, so the question has become rather academic in
my case. However, it might be helpful to say a bit about how/why I failed to
solve the problem myself:

I have only started programming in Javascript very recently, so never thought
of looking at the Firefox error console while trying to debug the fonts
problem. I was programming exclusively in C# and HTML at the time, and always
thought of the error console as being just a tool for Javascript programmers.
I've been using the Chrome Javascript debugger for the past few weeks, but have
never had such a warning there (the font has, after all, been working in
Chrome).
To be very clear about this: One can create cross site font errors even if one
is not a Javascript programmer!

(Un)fortunately I will no longer get lists of cross site errors in the
Firefox error console, and I will probably never see such a list. But I think
it ought to list not only the URLs of offending fonts but also the URL of the
domain Firefox is expecting to see, and the URLs of any related files (such as
the CSS file containing the related @font-face declaration). If I had seen such
information all together, I'd have spotted the mismatch very quickly.

I did spend quite a bit of time browsing through the Firefox docs unsuccessfuly
trying to find an answer. Maybe the reference to the Firefox error console
should be made more prominent! :-)

Hope that helps, best,
James