I'm not talking about home computers.  I'm talking about Personal
Computers -- computers with self contained components and not part of a
mainframe system.  I'm not specifically talking about computers used in the
home.  They can be designed for use in school or in the office, etc.

Again, PC is an abbreviation for Personal Computer, which is a category of
computers -- it is not a particular brand or platform of computer.  Just
because IBM had good marketing people and convinced the layman otherwise, it
doesn't mean we have to follow along.

Jim, to sum up the crux of your argument from other e-mails.... PC shouldn't
be used to describe the platform or the specific Model (IBM PC is shorter
than Apple II).  My problem is with quotes you have made yourself at the
beginning of this thread:

"PC games are generally pretty rare because people didn't really use the PC
to play games until about 1985..."

I know what you mean (from context), but you can see how this statement
could be taken wrong.  Am I saying you can't use "PC" to refer to IBM
PCs...no.  You can do whatever you want.  What I'm saying is that don't
assume PC means IBM PC.  When I say PC, I mean personal computers.

I run a site about PC games.

Jim runs a site about IBM-compatible PC games.

Hugh