My love for Darklands (and Daggerfall) resides specially for the fact that
they are both games that you always return to.

(Although Daggerfall has main quests and an endgame, it's not the most
important part of the game, IMO)

But as far as Darklands goes, you're right, it doesn't end. Isn't this what
a real RPG should be? It represents the life of four heroes (which can be
as young as 16 or as old as 56, IIRC), and you can play them the way you
want, either just by running around stealing from peasants, or by defeating
robber barons and sabbath witches.

The game has two "main" quests (killing a Dragon and defeating an Evil
priest), if you can do both, you have pretty much "completed" the game, as
they're the two most difficult quests, but you can go on playinf forever,
even if your characters get too old (just create others and add them to
that same party in that case)

Pedro R. Quaresma
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"All your base are belong to us"

                    Jim Leonard

                    <trixter@olds                    Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    kool.org>                   A/C:

                                                Ref:

                    27-07-2001                          cc:

                    01:06                Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Awkward game
packages
                    Solicita-se

                    resposta a

                    swcollect

"Lee K. Seitz" wrote:

> You know, for that matter, I don't seem to manage to finish many
> RPG/adventure/IF games.  I finished HHGTTG (after I finally got the
> !@#$ babel fish) and Bureacracy, but not Maniac Mansion or Nord &
> Bert.  For that matter, I bought the collector's edition of X-Wing and
> never started the supplemental missions (after destroying the Death
> Star).  (I bet that game would scream on my P700.  Especially compared
> to the 286-20 I first played it on.)  Maybe I've got ADD.  And maybe
> now I understand better why I'm a classic video game collector and not
> so much a computer game collector.
>
> I may not be able to finish a game, but I sure can blather on, can't
> I?

Evidently, you've never known me.  Oh wait, yes you do.  :-)

I am the same way.  I only finish RPGs when I have the drive to start them.
When I start an RPG  or Adventure game (and I consider Deus Ex more an
Adventure than anything else, which was the last game to grab me), I *know*
won't do anything else computer-wise until it's finished.  I hate leaving
games
unfinished.  Because I want to do other things computer-wise, I don't start
RPGs more than once a year.

Although, if what I read about Darklands is right, I'd play Darklands
forever
(it doesn't end?)
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.

http://www.salvador-caetano.pt
http://www.globalshop.pt