"Stephen S. Lee" wrote:

> Incidentally, how many of you guys played the text adventure game that
> came with the original Privateer?  Another one came with the Righteous
> Fire expansion pack.  The text games themselves are small and nothing
> special; what's amazing is how they were implemented.  (It blew me away,
> anyway.)  These text games also weren't documented anywhere; one of the
> puzzles was finding them and getting them to run.

I laughed my ass off when I figured out what it was and how it was
implemented.  I mean, I was laughing the entire time.  Either someone at
Origin was very clever, or very bored (or both).

> >     On a totally unrelated note, a "Mockingboard Rev D" fell into my lap
> > last week.  After 18 years, I'll finally know what the music to "Ultima III"
> > sounds like.  Did the C64 version (or any other version) have the music?
>
> MIDI conversions of the Ultima III music have been out on the Web for a
> long time.  I don't know if the NES version has different music (it almost
> certainly does), but that's also out there too.

A curious example for a future exercise would be a comparison of all of
them.  I know that the Mac (or IIGS?  Can't remember) versions of the
King's Quest 1 music put all other versions to shame, for example.