Feedback for issues regarding http://computergamecollector.com

> What I will never be able to agree to, however, are the availability
> ratings. Most of what has been added so far is very common IMHO, or
> uncommon at best. It's typically listed as "extremely rare" though.
> Wouldn't be sad if that column were removed completely.

Agreed.  The merit of such a thing is certainly debatable.  If no one wants
this sort of information, I'll gladly remove this column from the DB.

> It would also be nice, for someone like me (and I'm guessing like most of
us
> on the list), to upload a comma delimited file (in the format specified by
> the site) that can automatically convert your collection...or at least
give
> you a huge head start.

Working on a collection importer/exporter as we speak.
It's pretty much done, but want to do some more testing before I unleash it.

> At the moment I'm reluctant to do much
> with CGC because it doesn't support bulk uploads.  If there were a way to
> load my entire collection at once (as well as bulk-suggest additions to
the
> master list -- I have a lot of obscure stuff), I'd post it in an instant.

This seems to be many people's concern; I'm working on it :)

> Interjection: it seems pretty useless to me to be creating yet another
> master list of games when Moby already exists.  Wouldn't it make more
sense
> to have a SOAP service or some other web API that people could use to
access
> the information from Moby, perhaps for some sort of licensing fee?  Since
> there's so much in the DB already (complete with screenshots, box shots,
> etc.), it seems foolish to me to duplicate the effort.

As was mentioned, Moby covers a limited number of systems, hence certain box
releases of certain games, and games never released on pc compats are not
represented.  I realize Moby's is an unmatched resource, and I'm not looking
to replace that at all.  While Moby's is based mostly on providing
information
(to my knowledge), my site serves additional functionality.

> I'd probably know his eBay ID
> if I see it. Site is employing a price guide for mint sealed games, this
> ought to create some controversy.

Does anyone find this controversal?  It's not meant to be, and is far from
an ironclad value.  If I see a new classic game that sells on ebay,
I enter the mint sealed price in a $20 range or so.  If nothing else,
it's an estimate of the most recent copies that were sold on ebay.  Of
course
it will be a very gradual thing for all the values to be filled up if ever.

Thanks for the interest guys & let me know what you think,
Brad