Hugh Falk stated:

>So you're looking for the original Empire for the PC?  I never played the PC
>version (just ST and Amiga).  I can't imagine playing that game without a
>mouse, and I don't think they would have included mouse support for an IBM
>game in 1987, did they?

I don't recall, although Jim's MobyGames entry says it didn't.  I have
a vague recollection of being able to use function keys to scroll the
map and everything had a keyboard shortcut, IIRC, so it wasn't too
unwieldy.

>You might also want to pick up Empire II:  The Art of War. This is a Win 95
>game from New World Computing.

Feh.  I bought Empire II at a dollar store some years ago.  Played it,
didn't like it, included it with a second copy of Empire Deluxe I'd
found and sold on eBay.  I think it's the exploration aspect that
appeals to me most.  Empire II lacked that.

Incidentally, the guy I sold ED to was working on a version for the
Palm.  Last I heard it had become a project to create a general
strategy war game that you could tailor to your desires.  I'm probably
about due to e-mail him asking for a status again.

>  FYI, there is also a scenerio disk (sold
>seperately) for the Master's Edition, which you have.

There is???  Are you sure?  I know there was a Scenario disk for
Empire Deluxe that was sold separately, but it's included on the
Masters Edition CD-ROM (along with the DOS and Windows versions of
ED).  I've never heard of an additional Scenario disk beyond that.

--
Lee K. Seitz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]