Digging. Ya know, I should be ashamed for not trying nearly hard enough. 2 of the very things I asked for and *poof* there's a URL.

Source code: Apple EA games have a similar feature. You can find snippets of comments and assembly. But its all over (lots and lots of titles, not just 1 or 2).

Command HQ and Global Conquest: Both. Dan/Dani was brilliant. Once in a great while I still light up Modem War. It still ran unmodified on a 1Ghz PIII, probably still works on a P-IV. I have a copy of Mule that I will never ever sell. It is in really good shape. Awesome game. Interestingly, Dan(i) is not the only classic programmer to make a switch:

http://atari.games.free.fr/atarixl/authors/william%20mataga_e.htm

Jim: Thanks for the point about the code first, props second :)

Side note: I sent a developer who worked for Epyx an e-mail out of the blue about 18 months ago and got a rather friendly reply. I should ask and see if he has any code laying around :) (pressing my luck here I know, but gotta try.)