On Jan 5, 2004, at 9:59 PM, Dan Chisarick wrote: [Snip]
I've done some downright stupid things (once I bought an Ultima II box just for the 1st edition manual w/the typo + the card that says "this is one of the first copies..." The disks were copies (didn't care, had a set), there was no map (I already have one), the box was beat (see above), the card was good but THE MANUAL WAS A PHOTOCOPY. I couldn't tell from the auction because the original was B&W. But I badly wanted that card, and the seller "would get back to me" (never did). So, I was an idiot there and that was pretty much the end of variants for me (and yes I see the shiny 1st edition manual up right now).

Just a quick note -- the one that is up is mine. ;-)

The good thing is that you reminded me to look at the auction again. I realized that I had forgotten to include a description of the condition of the box. I like to let people know if there are any broken parts, marks, or tape on things. The rest I don't worry about describing. After all, these are old games and they are going to have wear-and-tear.

--

Edward Franks