Edward Franks wrote:
>>On Jan 14, 2004, at 9:40 AM, Pedro Quaresma wrote:
>>[Snip]
>> Morrowind is a superb game, highly moddable (I run about 30 mods on my
>> game, mostly visual effects and items) and with a very nice and
>> original
>> setting.
>>
>> On the other hand it does have two major flaws (for me): it has
>> arcade-like combat (it's first person and you have to swing your mouse
>> left and right to do a similar sword movement, for example), and it
>> has no
>> party.

>                 There is an option to always select the best type of attack with the
>weapon you are wielding.  I use that.

Me too, but it's still too arcade-ish.

Another flaw is the complete inbalance between magic users and melee-types. Spellcasters really get the shaft in this game.

>The other is a hold over from
>Arena and Daggerfall when Bethesda tried to model various types of
>attacks with various mouse movements.

It's not that a "good" combat system can be implemented on a real time 1st person RPG, right? Well.. wrong :) Might & Magic 7 had it :)

>[Snip]
>> I can't agree there. A wrong choice of a Feat or a starting stat and
>> your
>> character can go from "uber" to "weakling" ;)

>                 Bad choices are a _player_ problem, not a system problem.  ;-)  For
>example, you can put armor on your mage if you want, but your casting
>failure rate is going to be pretty high...

Yes, but if I put an armor on the mage, I can take it off and my problems are solved.

Now if I start a Weaponmaster wannabe with 10 int, or if I give my archer-type Fighter the knockdown feat...

--
Pedro R. Quaresma
Salvador Caetano IMVT

Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 37K km., "Esperanza"

'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes

ToyotaShopping - A sua Loja Toyota Online
http://www.toyota.pt