From: "Feldhamer, Stuart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Jan 20, 2004 1:26 PM
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [SWCollect] 5.25s vs. 3.5s

What do you all think of this:

I made a trade with someone on the game trading zone for a particular game.
I won't tell you which one so you won't try to figure out who it was.
Anyway, I described the condition of the game I was sending in some detail.
We made the trade, and then noticed that the person had left me negative
feedback. The comment was something to the effect of "fool me once, shame on
you. fool me twice, shame on me!". I emailed the person the following:

"I just saw your rating of me on the gametz. I didn't realize that you were
unhappy with our trade. What exactly is/was the problem?"

They responded:

"What would I possibly want with 5.25s.  You went into great detail
describing the condition but never informed me that the disks were 5.25s.  I
have nothing to play this game on or to copy it to.  The value of a 5.25 set
is considerably less than 3.5s.

To your credit though I do appreciate your response."

I then responded:

"I certainly was not trying to deceive you, and I disagree with you on your
estimation of the value. If you want to play the game and don't have a 5.25
inch drive I'm sure you know that you can download it off the 'net. If you
had asked I certainly would have told you, but to tell you the truth, the
disk size did not even occur to me. My personal copy also has 5.25 inch
disks, as do many of the other games in my collection. If I only collected
3.5 inch disks and CDs, I would miss out on many great games.

That being the case, if you were not satisfied, I don't understand why you
didn't email me and let me know instead of posting a cryptic message to
gametz. Is this the first time you think I've fooled you, or the second?"

I got no response. Did I do something wrong here? More generally, what is
the opinion of the people on this list regarding a game that came in two
versions: one on 5.25 inch disks and one on 3.5 inch disks? Are the 3.5 inch
disks more valuable?

Stuart

Information in this message reflects current market conditions and is subject to
change without notice.
It is believed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed for accuracy or completeness.
Details provided do
not supersede your normal trade confirmations or statements. Any product is subject to
prior sale.
CIBC World Markets Corp, its affiliated companies, and their officers or employees,
may have a position
in or make a market in any security described above, and may act as an investment
banker or advisor to such.
Although CIBC World Markets Corp. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian
Imperial Bank of Commerce ("CIBC"),
it is solely responsible for its contractual obligations. Any securities products
recommended, purchased, or sold in
any client accounts
(i) will not be insured by the FDIC,
(ii)will not be deposits or obligations of CIBC,
(iii) will not be endorsed or guaranteed by CIBC, and
(iv) will be subject to risks, including possible loss of principal invested.