>Or any of your most prized software posessions, for that matter?  Any
>good stories out there?

Well, I might share some of my lucky "fell into lap"-stories (if anyone's
listening :).
Don't take it "the brag"-way - I enjoy reading
these kind of things from others too so come and share :)

I bought Ultima I remake for Apple ][ in an Apple ][ game lot.
When the package arrived that U1 (BTW does anyone else use
this acronym?-) game box revealed Ultima progame-release
with everything but the plastic bag.
As one can imagine my jaws dropped quite a bit.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/_eng_games_ultima.html

Since the cover art is the same (fortunate for me)
the seller had apparently thought it was manual for the remake,
which obviously wasn't the case.

It's probably not quite my rariest game (appears
more often on eBay than f.ex. Softporn Adventure)
but seems to be most valuable one of them on eBay.

On a side note the lot also included Time Zone [which
I bought the lot for], Enchanter Trilogy (and couple other Infocoms),
Bard's Tale I-III (with clue books for I-II), Archon I-II,
Ultima V, etc...

Other nice find has been Dragon's Lair 2 Laserdisc for about $55.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/pics/gamecollection/big/ld_dl2.jpg
What do these sell for nowadays? (not selling, just curious).
It's very worn but plays. I also have a Laserdisc-player
it was originally played on (Sony LDP-1450 Lasermax) but
I haven't been able to get the program work which controls
it thru LPT-port. The intro runs automatically.

And back to good finds... Two sealed Ultima IVs for
Sega Master System about $12 / piece, plus two boxed ones
without the two oversized manuals.

Smurfs Travel the World (Smurfs 2) (1996) for
Sega Master System was great too.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/_eng_games_segams.html
There are only couple handfuls of them known in existance.
A fellow finnish collector found a lot of these while
in Czech Republic in spring 2000.
They were previously been considered not released.
Wonder why these were produced but not officially released...
Maybe there's a warehouse full of these somewhere ;)

Finnish-version of Videopac's Quest for the Rings
"Sormusten etsintä" almost new and complete for about $18.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/_eng_games_videopac.html
(Videopac is European and don't know if I'm the only euro-person
here but anyone knowing is this possibly the rariest of Videopac-games?)

And couple euros for Intellivison Tutankham (loose, rare).

Flea market game and computer finds are fortunately quite
common, though usually the basic stuff I come across there isn't
for my adventure/RPG collection, but I can trade/sell them to get what I'm
interested in and everyone's happy .)

- Jukka

--
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/eng_index.html  -  Synchronic Web