Thanks for the feedback Howard.  I'll look into PHPMyAdmin.  That's what
I've been lacking...a tool to set up the DB.

Hugh

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Feldman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 10:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] First version of the CURIOUS Guide is up!

The Web Components thingy worked fine for me (WinXP, Office XP, latest
SPs on both).
Anyways, try Php/MySQL for a backend, your host supports that and its
easy to learn (if you dont already know it)  Make sure you get
PHPMyAdmin too.

Hugh Falk wrote:

> Okay, so it looks like Web Components are a no-no.  I've ditched them and
> put the info up in table format.  Unfortunately, this will likely be a
very
> slow load with no sorting capabilities, but at least you can look at the
> info.  I'd appreciate feedback.
>
> Also, if anybody has any suggestions for getting this info into an on-line
> DB, I'd like to hear it.  Unfortunately, I don't have my own webserver,
and
> I haven't found anything yet that I can use on classicgaming.com.
>
> Hugh

Howard Feldman, Author of The Search for Freedom
A Computer Fantasy Role-Playing Game
Visit its Homepage at http://home.golden.net/~feldman/SearchForFreedom/
Visit the Computer and Book RPG Museum at
http://vgmuseum.chaoticmonkey.com/