I enjoyed reading this thread, considering that MS is one of my passions (ripping the
shrinkwrap from an old game is much akin to breaking the binding on my new
magazine--I've threatened to KILL people for this!)  ;)

I've never had the time to do it, but I always wanted to do 'The ILLUSTRATED Moby
Scale'--3 to 5 detailed pictures of example games showing every grade (and modifier).
It would clear up a lot of confusion, and also give everyone insight and input into
opinions about grading.

We could also cover some of the lesser-talked about modifiers--
Fading
Crushed corners
blemishes (what's an 'acceptable' blemish, anyway?!)
Box warping
Cover 'ripple'
Spotting reshrink

Is anyone interested in doing something like this?  If we each took a certain grade,
we could accomplish a lot:

*We could show off some of our finer pieces

*We could have a laugh at some of the things we still keep (you KNOW you each have
that piece of garbage that is in horrible shape, has no monetary value, and refuse to
throw away!

*It would be a valuable addition to the Moby Game page (providing we all donate the
pictures to the website)

*It would sure help to 'nail down' what we all agree on

*It would start all NEW discussions on the topic

*and may make this dry text more...stimulating.

Just a thought....I'll even dust off my camera too, if anyone else wants to pitch in...

Joe G