It's certainly unethical, but I must confess I'm lured
to the idea. Of course I don't really own anything
that would loosely fetch those high prices, and
wouldn't afford the items that are dug out by the
unaware, so I couldn't do anything but watch you guys
build up your collections (or fortunes :).

Of course I also feel sorry for a guy who would think
he'd be selling his stuff for 10x the actual value
he'd get, i.e. And even more so for a poor bastard who
might think paying 400 dollars for a game is an
investment, even though we artificially inflated the
market price. Also, it will certainly bring out the
rarities, but it will also create a distorted value on
some games you could get for less if you're patient.
No free lunches, in the end (or maybe just a snack :)

But what explains the increase of french red wine if
not a select group of producers who created
credentials in order to inflate its price in the
market? Taste was relatively the same (at the time, at
least. I'm no wine expert). What about cognac and the
age classification, with calculated limited supply?
What about diamonds, which are as abundant as the
ruby? I know it's not the same, but we're all subject
to manipulations of groups who dominate production
(or, in our case, a large cache of products).

Either way, just let me know if you go out and do it.
I don't want to be the sucker who pays 400 for a 20
dollar game :)

Best regards,

Tomas