I have to chime in on this one too. I've played it for at least 3 different platforms (Apple, Atari and C64 I believe). I love all of them :) Though I find myself playing the C64 version (emulated) these days (along with H.E.R.O.). Suddenly I find all the 2600/5200 carts I loved going through my head (Hall of the Mountain King, Robot Tank, Enduro, H.E.R.O., Dreadnaught Factor). How odd. Most of them Activision, too. I think the 2600 Activision re-re-re-release for OS X will find its way on my drive tomorrow.

On Jun 3, 2004, at 2:41 PM, Feldhamer, Stuart wrote:

I loved Montezuma's revenge also...I had a friend who had it for his C64, and I used to go over there just so I could play the game for hours at a time. : )

Stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Leonard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 2:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Kids and Classic Gaming

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 06/03/2004 11:08:52 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

They are *much worse* at the classic games in terms of skill, but they
still
*enjoy playing them*. And to hear them laugh when they play Boxing
against
each other is to die for. THAT is having fun. That is what games are
all about.

Gosh I used to play that one against my brother Jim (he usually kicked
my butt, he's 10 years younger). Simple graphics, white and black boxers
(racially correct or just so you'd know who is who? ;)). But still fun
and challenging. Hey you got them playing 2600 Adventure yet (tell them
the story behind the "hidden dot"), also fun to try to get EVERY object
in one room. Montezuma's Revenge sweet 2600 game too.

My brother used to go ape over Montezuma's Revenge for PC. We had a pirated
copy and he could beat every difficulty. Another quest that nearly consumed
him was Airball, and also King's Quest 2.
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project: http://www.MobyGames.com/