Shadow of the Comet by Infogrames (back from the days when Infogrames was likeable -- ah that would start a whole new discussion! Anyone else following the end of Interplay?).

It had a Caleidoscope-thingie in which you'd had to look to get the codes. If you tried looking without the Caleidoscope-lenses (or perhaps with a proper lens of some other type) the code drawings were too small to distinguish from each other.

Lucasarts's Monkey Island's "dial-a-pirate" was fun too :) but easy copiable.

Delphine's Operation Stealth had a copy protection similar to Future Wars. No wonder, they were made by the same company and had the same engine iirc.

As far as difficulty goes, from what I've heard, the still uncrackable Starforce 3 (Beyond Divinity is an example) is still the worst.

--
Pedro R. Quaresma
Salvador Caetano IMVT

Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 40K km., "Esperanza"

'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes