On 6/7/06, Hansi Raber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Allright, to know what i'm talking about you should maybe play once
> at http://www.benettonplay.com/toys/oddoneout/pair/Kashmir

Cool :)
And yeah, I've had problems with loadMovie, too, way before swfmill came along.

There's one problem I have with the game, though:

<http://www.snafoo.org/tmp/oddoneout.png>

It's a pretty common problem with SWFs and Linux and came up on the
osflash list a couple of times -- missing fonts. Some fonts are often
assumed to be installed on every system (e.g. Arial) when they really
aren't (not on Linux anyway). It's no problem on the Mac or Windows,
that's why hardly anybody notices during tests.

I'm not saying you have to go and fix it in the game, I just want to
point it out because I think it helps if more people are aware of it,
and because swfmill can be used for a nice solution: Runtime Shared
Fonts. You can check if a font is installed on the system (in
System.capabilities somewhere I think?), and load it if not.
Erixtekila described how to prepare a font library SWF for runtime
sharing here:

<http://www.v-i-a.net/blog/archives/000044.html>

You might need a recent pre-release from <http://swfmill.org/pre/>
(the fresh ones are somewhere in the middle...).

Thanks!
Mark

--
http://snafoo.org/

key: 1BD689C0 (3801 6F51 4810 C674 1491 ADE7 D8F6 0203 1BD6 89C0)