On 8/25/06, erixtekila <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > it would be great if someone with mac-compilation experience could
> > give me a hand in trying to get the release procedure straight. I'd
> > like to produce universal binaries (ppc/intel) for OSX. i have rather
> > little idea how to approach this.
> Sorry, I don't have an intel based osx.
> So I won't be of any help.

My new employer have blessed me with a new Intel MacBook Pro (dodgy,
explosive battery included free of charge) so I can take a look at
trying to get an intel build out. Not that I had much luck with a
statically-linked PPC build, mind you ;o) I have my head burried in
book work this weekend, but it's a public holiday on Monday here in
the UK so I should have time to look at it then....probably.

As for how universal binaries are produced I have no idea; it can't
possibly be as simple as passing an extra --arch switch to gcc, as
suggested by the top few results in google.

Steve

--
Steve Webster
http://dynamicflash.com