Agreed for requiredtype. But I am not convinced “associatedtype” belabors the
relationship between the protocol and the requirements.

The word “associated” is never used as a replacement for “requirement”. It just
names what the requirement is.
“[protocol] can only be used as a generic constraint because it has Self or
__associated type requirements__”
“Grammar of a protocol __associated type__ declaration” (for comparison:
“Grammar of a protocol __subscript__ declaration”)

(Counterpoint: maybe “associated” was only used there to avoid saying “type
requirements/declaration”, which would be confusing)

I am now totally fine with “type”. But I am still afraid that it will be
recycled elsewhere for a completely different purpose. Maybe that’s what you
alluded to with “if we could make type work”?

Anyway, it’s the holidays, and I don’t want to bother people with work. I think
I will modify the proposal with a link to this discussion instead of “Community
choice :-)

Loïc

PS: here is the result of a survey asking developers which keyword they prefer:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-7L7WMQ3J/
2 people (out of 100) chose “other” and specified “type”. Sadly it wasn’t
presented as an option, sorry :(