> On Mar 24, 2016, at 4:10 PM, Brent Royal-Gordon via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
> Honestly, though, I'm not sure why people are working so hard to cram
> `private` in there. Does `moduleprivate` or `private(module)` really convey
> more information than `module`? Particularly once you've looked it up and
> know that it's an access modifier?

I think it does. `module` could mean many things related to how Swift creates
and consumes modules.
`moduleprivate` combines something about access levels (public/private) and
scope (module), is easy to
Google, offers few "wrong" interpretations. By using a longer keyword, it is
less flexible in meaning and
more fixed in purpose.

I hesitate to make this thread any longer but since it's already bikeshedding,
I felt it was worth adding another few cents.

-- E