1) What is your evaluation of the proposal?

This is a critical must have feature in Swift. I’ve been waiting for it since
Swift 1.2.

2) Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to
Swift?

Absolutely.

3) Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

No doubt.

4) If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do
you feel that this proposal compares to those?

Yes in Objective-C. This proposal does not add the where clause to existentials
yet, but it leaves the door open to add that in the future, which would make
the feature even more powerful.

5) How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or
an in-depth study?

I originally pitched the idea of class existentials calling them type<A,B>
compared to the old style protocol<A,B> in 2016. Then I tracked every topic
about existentials on the mailing list. And I carefully read every pitch and
proposal including existentials.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail