> What do you think of `partial` types like C# but limited to a file?

Well, imho it would be better than some alternatives, because it might lay the
ground for something that is more useful than current same-file extensions,
which offer no guarantee that the extension declaring the conformance adds
anything to fulfil them (and because of retroactive conformance, I don't think
this will be changed for extensions).

If private isn't restricted to a single scope anymore, imho all the splitting
has no practical benefits at all, and even if we keep the old definition, I
doubt that it's worth the increased complexity:
A //MARK-comment is much more useful than an extension, and like many
developers, I prefer to keep instance variables grouped in a prominent place
(above the methods), so most likely wouldn't use the "special power" of partial.