Hi,

Cool. So, as a Networker or Sysadmin, it's three steps:

1. Offer customers volume based services
2. Install scripts to ping around randomly
3. Make lots of $$$ fast

Sorry, gotta go talk to my boss...

We've (ImproWare) got also a low entry Cablemodem product, which is volume based. You get the speed of 768/128 and 300MB MB Traffic
included for 9.90.-

Although we filter DOS-attacks and don't count ICMP traffic and all router advertisments etc, there is always the possibilty to get (unwanted) UDP traffic from the net. There is no real solution here, but if a customer detects such an attack we just delete those incidents and reassign the Megabytes. But remember there are also customers with open WLANs ...

IMHO there is no good solution to solve those issues with volume based services. You can just be generous to your customers like we do. Maybe we will hear soon how sunrise handles such cases on their ADSL services with dynamic IPs ;-)

Martin

Martin Blapp, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ImproWare AG, UNIXSP & ISP, Zurlindenstrasse 29, 4133 Pratteln, CH
Phone: +41 61 826 93 00 Fax: +41 61 826 93 01
PGP: <finger -l [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
PGP Fingerprint: B434 53FC C87C FE7B 0A18 B84C 8686 EF22 D300 551E