Hi Marc

Cablecom has also set some of your IP-Ranges on their blocklist some time ago
(This week again as I remember).

> There are some ways you can go, to get in touch with a company
> [1] via your Helpdesk

I did try. Opened a case ID. Asked directly for a mailserver-techie... no way
to get through.

A day after the issue or so, we managed to find somebody that could give us a
direct contact to the responsible tech. The problem then was solved within a
few minutes. The cause was never found out.

About one whole week later I got a call back from the helpdesk about the Case
ID I opened. They told me they could not find any problem. I explained to
them that there was a problem, that we managed to contact the mail admin and
that he solved that problem and that I wanted to know why they took one week
to tell me that there was no problem and this statement being definitely
wrong.
Sorry, the Helpdesk is completely useless if you're not a CC customer.

> [2] try the website

Points to the Helpdesk.

> [3] via your account manager

What account manager?

> [665] RIPE

Did you try to call the contacts there? You get to the helpdesk :-(

> [666] swinog mailing list

Guess why so many other ISP complain on this list?

Our suggestion to Cablecom was and still ist: If you see email abuse from our
network. Go on and block that server, but please call us immediaely by phone
or at least send an email to our abuse department. We will try our best to
resolve that issue, that's what we're here for.

None of this ever happened. We only learned of those blockings from our own
customers complaining to us about their email being rejected by cablecom.

Regards
-Benoit-
--
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM / Hormel's new miracle meat in a can
Tastes fine, saves time. / If you want something grand, / Ask for SPAM!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia sh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/-phobia