Martin Blapp schrieb:

Hi.

Two tickets we opened monday at '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' are still open
and unanswered.

One of them was 'Cablecom Inter-ISP contact person needed'.

Thank goddess I know, whom to turn to. A longtime friend of mine works in the RZ there. They blocked our mailserver once for whatever reason, so I tried the helldesk. The poor guy could or did not want to help me, as it's not a customer problem. (I told him that in fact I AM a customer but that there is a different problem and that we are an ISP like Cablecom, only a bit smaller.)

Conclusion: No help, no NOC phone number, no clue what I was talking about.

What I then did was contact my friend via IRC. Asked him: "Do you know the guy who manages mx1.hispeed.ch?" - "Yeah, he's setting left of me." - "Could you please kick his ass for me?" - "Done. What for?" ... =:-) A couple of minutes, the problem was solved, everything back to normal.

Would I not have had this private contact, we'd probably be blocked forever.

By the way, my friend told me, that once he got a different job, he'd visit a beer event, but does not dare to as a CC admin because of the bad reputation of the company. =:-))

We definitly need a contact there. The current situation is a mess
and the cablecom helpdesk totally useless for us ISPs.

Most of the time it's useless, even if you are a customer.

My cable modem reboots, every time I stub it only a bit. Don't know what that is, but I don't really want to get through modem-replacement-hell with Cablecom. They already shipped me the wrong modem for digital phone and it took them three (3!) months to get me the correct modem. (Instead of just changing the MAC-Address in their provisioning software.)

CU, Venty