From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christian Jouas
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [swinog] feedback on pppoe needed

PPPoE (over Ethernet) ---> Ethernet max 1500 But I'm very curious if there are
some non standards drafts over ethernet for such kind of applications ?

Chris

>>> "Spiess Bernd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12.06.2007 18:00 >>>

thanx for the suggestions - the mtu path discovery problem was the reason why i
asked.

fyi: here in austria we have own access to the copper from "telekom austria"
(colocation/"unbundling") we have our own dslaḿs and our own selection of
cpés - so we can build or configure whatever we like.
actually we use static ip on a switched layer 2 vlan-trunk environment. if
possible we want to avoid PPPoA because we are no atm people.

as i understand you correct mtu 1492 under PPPoE is still an issue in the
mentioned cases.

has anyone tried to build PPPoE with an MTU 1508 infrastructure ?

bernd