Hello Christian and Bernd

Christian Jouas wrote:
PPPoE (over Ethernet) ---> Ethernet max 1500
But I'm very curious if there are some non standards drafts over
ethernet for such kind of applications ?

I guess, that MTU higher then 1500 over Ethernet should not be a problem, switches which support IEEE 802.1Q VLANs also do this. But according to the FreeBSD VLAN(4) manpage not every NIC does support it.

"Spiess Bernd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12.06.2007 18:00 >>>
as i understand you correct mtu 1492 under PPPoE is
still an issue in the mentioned cases.

Yes its is.

has anyone tried to build PPPoE with an MTU 1508 infrastructure ?

I do not know, as I know the ADSL infrastructure only from the end user side.

bye
Fabian