Actually, there's a sad story :

Last year, while I was a student here, I made a thermal monitoring sensor on an embedded micro-processor. It worked like a charm (with snmp integration and all the stuff). Unfortunately it's not yet 100% working (especially on the hardware side). And the professor who was in charge of this project don't want to bring it back to life at the moment.

We went through big troubles last week because of a critical failure of our air conditioning installation and we don't want to wait 6 month to have some monitoring up and running ;-)

I would love to do it myself, but I just don't have the time for it.