Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:

>>> why doesn't someone create a public Skype chat for SwiNOG?
>> Will that work with my <enter your chosen OS here>?
>
> well, almost :)
> http://www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/linux/
>
>>> I think more people on this list have skype than IRC
>>> client software (me, for example :-)
>> It's simple, it's vintage, it's reliable and clients are available for
>> pretty much every known device. Or in other words: it's plain geeky.
>> Reason enough? ;)
>
> almost anyone uses skype anyway, so why bother :)

no one cares about security and I think swinog should care about security!

use IRC, install one of the thousands IRC clients available and ask your
security guru to open the port, or do it on your own ^^

> Roger>> IRC is basic, works very well even on very slow satelite link...
>
> show me a satellite link in Switzerland :-)

I've never used a satellite link before.... haha :D but why use skype
with it's big overhead when you just need to exchange some plain text
information...?