Salut, Stanislav,

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:26:34 -0800 (PST), Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:
> The fact that Andreas or Tonnere is able to configure ipv6 at home
> does not create a business case. Go look at your nearest
> Interdiscount or Fust shop -- how many of the consumer
> routers/firewalls/modems would support ipv6? How many of the shop
> salesmen would ever hear such word?

Apple is gaining a lot of market share, and their products configure
IPv6 all by themselves. Same goes for Windows Vista. Ok, for XP you
have to install IPv6 support first, I think.

IPv6 configuration nowadays involves plugging a cable or pairing with
your wireless. If you can't do that, you also can't access your IPv4
network. (see also
http://notalwaysright.com/next-up-watching-paint-dry/1268 )

> Besides, even if they start offering v6 today, users will not buy it,
> because of that Interdiscount/Fust issue. Also most windows PCs and
> home servers would need some tuning for v6.

Not true, see above.

                                Tonnerre