Hello

Im Auftrag von Andre Oppermann
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. November 2010 09:55
> On 11.11.2010 09:01, Daniel Kamm wrote:
> > Dear Serge
> > On 11/11/2010 08:22 AM, Serge Droz wrote:
> > On the first glance, this seems to be a neat thing. But
> then again, who
> > decides if 'something' is considered to be malware or not?
> This actually
> > could be mistreated to a cencorship on DNS level.
>
> Seconded.  The information part is certainly very useful.
> But disconnecting
> the delegation is excessive and may have huge liability
> consequences as well.
>
> What are the reaction times required from the delegation
> contacts? Not everyone
> has a 24x7 NOC.

That's what I am concerned about too. I have got a server hosting
a couple of sites (private ones, a few clubs websites or support
applications like eGroupWare) and I am the only one operating it.
If I am on holiday for 2 weeks that stuff will be offline before
I have a chance to react.

Since I have a tor node running it is possible that some malware
finds a way to exit through that node. The exit policy is
restrictive, but some ports can be abused and even tor itself
may be cracked. In such a case nine.ch will geht the complaints
and what will they do if they can't reach me in a few hours?
To safe themselves from getting their whole network cut off
(*.nine.ch) they will have to take my server down immediately.
In *less than one day*! That server is also my MX and IMAP-Service
so it will cut off the e-mail-addresses nine.ch or switch has
stored with my address.

Besides that: How do you make sure (legally) that any of your
e-mails really got through? You all should know that SMTP
can't guarantee anything! Even if you get the delivery message
it might have ended in the junk mail bin without the recipient
ever noticing (I just switched my MX for p-guhl.ch for that
reason; that Canadian ISP has a too harsh filter which users
can't change or remove).

I second all the lagal and political concerns of the others
too. We all know that copyright holders (real ones and fakes)
are fighting dirty. Most likely you even have malware senders
accusing other malware senders to kick them out of business.

Regards
     Peter