Hello

* on the Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 04:28:34PM +0100, Stefan Rothenbuehler wrote:
> If you're providing a service for all Bluewin customers, I assume
> that the project partner is Swisscom.
> So I'm your project partner within Swisscom can give you the desired
> IP range information.

You might be shocked to hear that it's possible that an ISP wants to
whitelist all Bluewin-Ranges *despite* having nothing to do with
Swisscom or Bluewin itself.

In fact, we also have the same issue; we need to firewall something,
but our customer, which happens to use a dynamic IP in the Swisscom/Bluewin
range, needs to have access. And its far better to allow all your dynamic
IP-ranges than to allow the rest of the world as well.

Cheers
Seegras
--
"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin