Am 27.11.2012 22:37, schrieb Fredy Kuenzler:
Does anyone know the Swiss delegate of the upcoming ITU conference in
Dubai? [...]

There was the accreditation list mailed to some ISOC list last week, 5
people on the Swiss delegation:

Mr Frédéric RIEHL, Chef des Affaires Internationales, OFCOM (Suisse) /
BAKOM, frederic dot riehl at bakom dot admin dot ch

Mr Hassane MAKKI, Affaires Internationales, Federal Office of
Communications - OFCOM, hassane dot makki at bakom dot admin dot ch

Mr Raphael SCHERRER, Conseiller Economiste, OFCOM (Suisse) / BAKOM,
raphael dot scherrer at bakom dot admin dot ch

Mr Dirk-Olivier VON DER EMDEN, Conseiller juridique, Office Fédéral de la
Communication (OFCOM/BAKOM), dirk-olivier dot von-der-emden at bakom dot
admin dot ch

Mr Rolf WEBER, Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Zurich

First one is flagged as Head of delegation, second one is deputy.

So we know now that mainly BAKOM/OFCOM people are traveling to Dubai.

Please all individuals refrain from sending personal emails the delegation! They don't need geeky comments or even stupid insulting.

I'd rather suggest that the SwiNOG core team is going to formulate a clear statement to the Swiss ITU delegation (please note that I left the SwiNOG core team >1y ago). SwiNOG needs to speak in a united voice in this matter.

I also hope that general interest media (Swiss television, Tages-Anzeiger, Blick et.al.) would pick this out as a central theme, along with special interest media (computer/telecommunication). It would be simply great to read a large interview with the delegates, where they commit themselves to stand for the self-regulated bottom-up Internet as we know and love. Support not only from this community but also from general media and us, the Swiss people, would strenghten their position... so please, dear journalists around, make a move :-) It will have an impact not only in Switzerland, but also in neighbouring countries.

Except from heise.de I haven't seen much yet about the ITU conference in special interest media (computers/telecommunications). Not sure why, I guess inside-it.ch et.al. have some backlog... *hint*

Meanwhile I hope everyone would help to share the link and video I mentioned in my previous mail:

https://www.whatistheitu.org/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzNQarkk95Q

Also I would like to include the link to the slides of SwiNOG #25 of Arnold Nipper with some unbiased information:
http://www.swinog.ch/meetings/swinog25/p/11_SwiNOG25-WCIT-20121107.pdf

Thanks for listening and sharing!

--
Fredy Künzler