I've attended some post pandemic downsized conferences at small hotels. They
provide meeting rooms free with a group booking. Preferential rated and
competitive catering for some meals. Any type of conference is their bread and
butter, and there is a lot of competition, they need to fill the rooms.Also
they have free wifi for zoom purposesJanice Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Richard Cuff <rdc...@gmail.com> Date:
<swlfest@hard-core-dx.com> Subject: Re: [Swlfest] THE WINTER SWL FEST IS MOVING
DATES !!!!! That's a very good suggestion, Ed.  Schools, also, might be
suitable venues.  I remember our initial NASWA Philly-area chapter meeting was
in the North Penn High School cafeteria, where I first met Bob Brown, Bill
Oliver, Bob Montgomery, and others from the Philly area.Hams on the list might
be able to suggest some venues as well.  I've spoken to the Marple-Newton ARC
and one of the Philly ARCs that Saul Broudy belongs to -- I think both of them
met in schools.  Of course, those were evening activities.Some volunteer fire
companies also rent out halls at a reasonable price -- I can think of several
up here in the Lehigh Valley that do.  There are some fraternal organizations
up this way that also rent out halls.If such a place is suitable for a wedding
reception it would be appropriate for us!RCOn Mon, Jan 8, 2024 at 8:22 PM Ed