Hi Troy,

Thanks for your help! I have just tried using this parameter for the construction of SWMgr and it looks good. I had another look at the example for the German Rieger commentary where I observed the encoding issues before and they are gone now!

Well, I guess I could have asked one or the other question before ... but as long as a bit of code reading and experimenting results in a solution, I'm usually fine.
Thank you! I do appreciate all your efforts.

I do have another question regarding the construction of MarkupFilterMgr.
If I want to apply the encoding filter for UTF8, but do not need the markup filter manager for XHTML is it ok to perform the construction like this?

new MarkupFilterMgr(sword::FMT_UNKNOWN, sword::ENC_UTF8)

I checked the code in markupfiltmgr.cpp and found that the implementation of MarkupFilterMgr::createFilters does not consider the case FMT_UNKNOWN, so in this case it would simply not add any specific markup filter, right? Since I haven't used any markup filters so far and my code already depends on the standard output generated by the SWORD engine I did not want to add a markup filter for the time being.

Is there another way to apply the UTF8 encoding without using MarkupFilterMgr? (It just looks a bit weird when I look at the construction now)

Best regards,
Tobias

PS:
I think one thing we could do one of these days is check together with other frontend developers whether some helper functions created in various frontends could also be moved into the SWORD library.

Consider some of the helper functions implemented here:
https://github.com/ezra-bible-app/node-sword-interface/blob/master/src/sword_backend/module_helper.cpp
https://github.com/ezra-bible-app/node-sword-interface/blob/master/src/sword_backend/repository_interface.cpp