On Sep 5, 11:47 am, Alexander Deruwe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I'll take this opportunity to ask another related though off topic
> question...
> Generally speaking, if the developer(s) are also the designer(s) (no
> matter how awful that may turn out to be ;) as in my case, would you
> still recommend using a template engine?

TIMTOWTDI

You can read all over the net debates on the pros and cons of template
engines, especially in the PHP world where you commonly hear "PHP _is_
a templating engine".

For purposes of this discussion, I have specific requirements where
I receive designs from people who know HTML, and it is our
responsibility
to cut up those designs for use in web applications, and more often
than
not, send the templates back to designers who then make changes
- then repeat.

When the designs require little to no "fixup" before adding to the
application, and the customer gets exactly what they see in the mockup
-
my life becomes much easier.

In this specific case, Flexy's syntax works the best of the engines
we've
evaluated so far.

Whether it works well for you basically boils down to whether you are
more
comfortable with HTML or PHP - or a hybrid.