> flexy is really my favourite templating engine, but i have a few concerns :
>
>  * is it still actively maintained ?
Yes and No ;)

Since the thing just Works, and I've not needed to add things for a
while, There is no major new development being done.
That said:
- There have been a few contributions over the last year, that have
gone in CVS - adding new filters etc.
- Bug fixes are usually commited pretty quicly into the source, but
there have not been any major ones recently...

Most of the work I do now uses ExtJs with JSON, so templating engines
are getting used less.. But it is still essential to a number of live
projects.

>  * is it a real PHP5 system ?

It's a templating engine ;) - It works perfectly well with PHP5 - I've
been using it for a few years now with PHP5. It's not been designed
with Exceptions or private/public etc. but since there is no
significant benefit's to re-writing it that way. It's been left as
is..

Regards
Alan