On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Jonathan Wage wrote:

> Now the above commands are all done manually but a lot of times I just have
> simple capistrano scripts that do all this the same each time with one
> command and a set of arguments.

I spent some time playing with Capistrano a long time ago but the
documentation is pretty sparse and I never finished building a proper
solution. Could you shared some recipes? Also, I thought all work on
Capistrano had stopped?

The other options seem to be to write some symfont tasks and/or use
pake/phing. Anyone have experience with that?

I have to say, deployment is one area where symfony is rather weak - we
have a large site with multiple domains, running on multiple clusters
of www, image and other servers, with load balancers in front of public
servers. So I need to come up with several different deployment tasks for
different kinds of servers.